FW: Thurs Rally

Karen Gellert

Here is the info about the rally tomorrow.  I will bring our club banner and maybe a sign or to to wave. 
Hope to see some of you there!

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 6/2/21 1:49 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Mark Hoffacker <mwhoffacker@...>, "Hahn, Kara" <Kara.Hahn@...>, kgellert55@..., Paul Miklean <pmiklean@...>, Brenda Newman-Meyer <brenda.meyer1@...>, "Triangle Cyclists (trianglecyclists@...)" <trianglecyclists@...>, ea@..., Marco Conner DiAquoi <marco.conner@...>
Cc: Amy Cohen <amy@...>, Jivanna Okolica <jivanna1@...>, Jawana Richardson <jrich625@...>, Diana Alati <diana.alati@...>, Allison <allieblanchette@...>, dedicatedd4u@..., "Brown, Cynthia" <cbrown1@...>, Stephan Cybyk <stephan.cybyk@...>, Roger Mellon <rmellon4742@...>
Subject: Thurs Rally

Got off the phone with the 3rd Pct and we are clear for tomorrow at 4:00, Nassau County Executive Building. Now unfortunately it looks like rain.

I am waiting to hear back from FSS and Trans Alt as to signage and a microphone and podium. Please continue to forward this to any press contacts. I have reached out to CBS and ABC Long Island Affiliates. I would also ask you to continue to push elects to attend.

As to speakers lined up:

• Dan Flanzig, New York Bicycle Coalition
  • Diana Alati, lost her son Andrew age 13
  • Jivanna Okolica, lost her husband
  • Jawana Richardson, lost her husband Sherman
  • Allison Blanchette, Long Island Safe Streets
  • Kara Hahn, Suffolk County Legislator and now congressional candidate
  • Marge Lee – Dedicated  

Daniel Flanzig, Esq.

Flanzig and Flanzig LLP

Mineola Office and Mailing Address

323 Willis Avenue,

PO Box 669, Mineola, New York 11501-0669

Manhattan Office - By Appointment Only

60 East 42nd Street, Suite 764

New York, NY 10165

P- 516-741-8222

F- 516- 665-7812

Toll Free: 1-866-FLANZIG

www.flanziglaw.com

www.newyorkbikelawyers.com

The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the message. To contact us directly, send to info@....  Thank you

Sent: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 9:16 AM
To: Daniel Flanzig <DFlanzig@...>
Cc: Amy Cohen <amy@...>; Jivanna Okolica <jivanna1@...>; Jawana Richardson <jrich625@...>; Diana Alati <diana.alati@...>; Allison <allieblanchette@...>; dedicatedd4u@...; Brown, Cynthia <cbrown1@...>
Subject: Re: permitting

Someone said they were in touch with Sean Sallie from Nassau County DPW.  Have we heard back from him? Is Laura Curran going to be there?

Dan - Kenny Jackson is the Commissioner of Garden City Police.  He regularly attends the Nassau County Traffic Safety Board and knows Marge Lee well.

On Tue, Jun 1, 2021 at 5:23 PM Daniel Flanzig <DFlanzig@...> wrote:

Thanks to Diana I was able to speak to Garden City PD who told me we don’t need a permit. Who took down the info and told me to call NCPD 3rd Pct and give them a heads up. Called but they are gone at 5 so I will follow-up in the am.

Daniel Flanzig, Esq.

Flanzig and Flanzig LLP

323 Willis Avenue,

New York, NY 10165

P- 516-741-8222

F- 516- 665-7812

www.flanziglaw.com

The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the message. To contact us directly, send to info@....  Thank you

Sent: Tuesday, June 1, 2021 3:45 PM
To: 'Amy Cohen' <amy@...>
Cc: Jivanna Okolica <jivanna1@...>; Jawana Richardson <jrich625@...>; Diana Alati <diana.alati@...>; Mark Hoffacker <mwhoffacker@...>
Subject: RE: PLEASE JOIN US: June 3, 4pm, County Executive , Rally in Support of the Crash Victim Rights & Safety Act

Any feedback on the need of a permit to be at the County Exec office ?

Daniel Flanzig, Esq.

Flanzig and Flanzig LLP

323 Willis Avenue,

New York, NY 10165

P- 516-741-8222

F- 516- 665-7812

www.flanziglaw.com

Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2021 3:07 PM
Cc: Jivanna Okolica <jivanna1@...>; Jawana Richardson <jrich625@...>; Diana Alati <diana.alati@...>; Mark Hoffacker <mwhoffacker@...>; Daniel Flanzig <DFlanzig@...>; Marco Conner DiAquoi <marco.conner@...>; Chana Widawski <chana@...>
Subject: PLEASE JOIN US: June 3, 4pm, County Executive , Rally in Support of the Crash Victim Rights & Safety Act

Dear Long Island NYS Legislators:

Please join Families for Safe Streets, local advocates, Long Island crash victims, and community members on Thursday, June 3rd at 4pm in front of the Nassau County Executive Office for a rally in support of the Crash Victim Rights & Safety Act.

In March, we began the push for the Crash Victim Rights and Safety Act in Albany, eight bills that together create a life-saving comprehensive approach to traffic safety and support for crash victims in New York State. 

With just a few days remaining in the legislative session, we are taking our advocacy on a four-day, multi-city, 1,000-mile trip — one mile for every person killed in a crash in NYS every year. We are traveling across New York State to rally local communities and call on key state lawmakers to support this life-saving legislation and will be in Long Island on June 3rd. 

I know all too well the price for failing to act. My 12-year-old son Sammy was killed by a speeding driver in front of our home. No other New Yorker should have to endure this unimaginable heartache.

I hope you can attend and also will sign on in support of all eight bills if you have not already.

Thank you.

Best,
Amy Cohen
Co-Founder &
Mother of Sammy Cohen Eckstein (12/8/00-10/8/13) 

--

Mark W. Hoffacker
(516) 551-2411
mwhoffacker@...