Bike Repair Stands available at LIDL for $39.99

Ken Abbott

Last year people were posting about the bike stands at LIDL.  I saw they are available again but I think they are more expensive than last year.  I know there is a new LIDL on Larkfield in East Northport as well as one on Jericho TPKE in Huntington Station.  They sold out last year before I could get one but I am going to try to get one this weekend.

Michael Cooke <mcookemc@...>

Are these ok for carbon fiber frames? I’m a new rider and didn’t realize I’d have to buy a different car bike rack to protect the frame. Would love to hear from one if you more experienced riders and hope to see you on a ride soon.

Hi Michael,

This email thread is about a portable bike repair stand. If you don't already have one, the Lidl one would be a great choice because it's very inexpensive and fairly sturdy, except for the plastic top clamp which could be problematic for heavy bikes, but a carbon fiber road bike should not pose a problem. If you do a decent amount of cycling you'll find a portable repair stand very convenient for cleaning the chain, changing tires and tubes, and other ordinary maintenance. Mainstream brands of repair stands like Park are all much more expensive although they tend to be more sturdy with strong and versatile metal clamps that the bike is attached to.

If you travel to the start of rides and can't fit the bike into the back of your vehicle, then you'll need a bike rack. Carbon fiber bikes are light and any reputable rack will probably suffice, just make sure the arms that support the bike will not scratch the top tube (you can always protect with a cloth if needed here).

Hope this helps....arne

Are these ok for carbon fiber frames? I’m a new rider and didn’t realize I’d have to buy a different car bike rack to protect the frame. Would love to hear from one if you more experienced riders and hope to see you on a ride soon.

Stanley Linden

Yes.I put my Colnago on it b,use the seat post

On Saturday, March 13, 2021 Michael Cooke <main@HBCRiders.groups.io> wrote:

Are these ok for carbon fiber frames? I’m a new rider and didn’t realize I’d have to buy a different car bike rack to protect the frame. Would love to hear from one if you more experienced riders and hope to see you on a ride soon.

Michael Cooke <mcookemc@...>

Thank you Arne and Stanley! Really appreciate the help!

Melissa Fink

Lidl on Larkfield Road, East Northport has 7 bike stands left.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 1:51 PM Michael Cooke <mcookemc@...> wrote:
Thank you Arne and Stanley! Really appreciate the help!

Gerry Widen

I picked up a bike stand on eBay for $30.96 including shipping about 3-4  months ago.  It’s relatively sturdy as I had my 28 lb mountain bike on it to lube the chain and adjust the shifting. That would be the max I’d put on it as it had to be carefully balanced. Regular road bike is no issue.

 It doesn’t have the clamp grabbing device but 2 plastic coated hooks. Might actually like that better than a cheap clamp.

For the amount it gets used, I’m happy with it.
Gerry

On Mar 13, 2021, at 3:06 PM, Melissa Fink <melfink667@...> wrote:

Lidl on Larkfield Road, East Northport has 7 bike stands left.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 1:51 PM Michael Cooke <mcookemc@...> wrote:
Thank you Arne and Stanley! Really appreciate the help!

Bruce Feinberg

Store in Huntington Station had a few yesterday. $39.99.

On Mar 13, 2021, at 1:51 PM, Michael Cooke <mcookemc@...> wrote:

Thank you Arne and Stanley! Really appreciate the help!

Matt Frisch

Huntington Station and Plainview stores sold out.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021, 4:26 PM Bruce Feinberg via groups.io <bzfeinberg=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Store in Huntington Station had a few yesterday. $39.99.
> On Mar 13, 2021, at 1:51 PM, Michael Cooke <mcookemc@...> wrote:
>
> Thank you Arne and Stanley! Really appreciate the help!

Carlos Ruiz

Thank you for the heads up. Just got mine by Larkfield road.  They had 6 left 5 minutes ago.

Carlos

On Mar 13, 2021, at 4:49 PM, Matt Frisch <frischome@...> wrote:

Huntington Station and Plainview stores sold out.

On Sat, Mar 13, 2021, 4:26 PM Bruce Feinberg via groups.io <bzfeinberg=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Store in Huntington Station had a few yesterday. $39.99.
> On Mar 13, 2021, at 1:51 PM, Michael Cooke <mcookemc@...> wrote:
>
> Thank you Arne and Stanley! Really appreciate the help!

Hugh J. Parkhurst

Hi All:

Jeff Erlitz and I just took two more from the LIDL store on Larkfield around 7:30 PM (about 30 minutes ago) .  There were no more in the bin at the end of the aisle.  Were there some somewhere else, Carlos?  Could all six have gone in 35 minutes?

Also, there is a good review of this stand:

Lidl Crivit Bike Stand Product Review - Malcolm in the Middle Aisle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9qk_ycunm4 .

Finally, in case anyone is concerned about capacity, the box indicates a capacity of 66 lb, 30 kg.

Hugh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Hugh Parkhurst

h 631-261-4712 c 631-988-3640

Thank you for the heads up. Just got mine by Larkfield road.  They had 6 left 5 minutes ago.

Carlos

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#828) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Your Subscription | Contact Group Owner | Unsubscribe [skipscar@...]

_._,_._,_

Angel Perez

I picked one up around 7pm. Did not want a repeat of last year.

Angel

On Saturday, March 13, 2021, 08:09:19 PM EST, Hugh J. Parkhurst via groups.io <skipscar@...> wrote:

[...]

Pamela Rogers

Could you please share the link for the LIDL stand?  I searched but could not find it.  In the meantime, I found a Topeak alternative for $44.95.  Any thoughts on that model?  Thanks.  - Pam
image.png