How you can do something different-to vastly reduce flats

Harvey Miller

If you've been reading the latest comments on this HBC io group you saw the tubeless tire thread. Here I propose a corollary to that discussion, one that was inspired by the fact that the last club ride I took had two flats happen in tubed tires, costing a total of around 20 minutes of added wait time for all.

Okay, you want tubes. No problem, to each their own. But...if you're going to use tubes why not use tubes that the valve core can be removed from? The reason: fill the tube with some sealant which can only be done with tubes with removable valves. One to two ounces will do.

You don' t believe that it will work? Check out the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_phPq3uzUtU&ab_channel=CyclingWeekly

Join main@HBCRiders.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.