Re: C ride leaders for April

Dan Panzenbeck

No problem. Let’s have a great season.

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 10:50 AM Gerry Widen via groups.io <geraldwiden=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Dan, I should have been more clear.

Your ride was a smart way to start off the year. Obviously thought went in. Your offering gives the opportunity for those who have been hibernating all winter to participate and those a little stronger to do a second loop.

  Especially this time of year planning  has to go into ride leadership. Not just posting a ride.

After I sent my reply I realized my response was confusing. I apologize for that.

Gerry

On Mar 25, 2022, at 10:02 AM, Dan Panzenbeck <dpanzenbeck@...> wrote:

Gerry,
I'm not sure I understand your email. The King's Park ride is 380 ft of elevation, (21 ft/mi), with an average grade of 0.4%. This does not take into account downhills. Since I became a member of the club in 2011, this is the C ride for which we start the season. This is about as flat a ride as the club does.
Dan Panzenbeck

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 8:27 AM Gerry Widen via groups.io <geraldwiden=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Very good way to “officially” start the season.

 When a group starts the season with a mid 40s ride with 45 feet of climbing per mile you are essentially telling those that haven’t ridden all winter to either ride alone or ride with another club to build yourself up then come back to us in a few weeks.
Jeez, it ain’t rocket science here.
Gerry

On Mar 24, 2022, at 10:30 PM, Hugh J. Parkhurst via groups.io <skipscar=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

I have posted a local 12+12 C/C+ ride for Sunday April 3, consisting of two approximately 12 mile loops.  Riders can choose to do one or both loops.

Hugh